When you invite your friends over for a ‘wild’ night, chances are they’re assuming what would usually be the obvious: great drinks, great music, and an overall great time.
How about you take it a step further this weekend and give them literally a wild night by upping your cocktail game with these six wild drinks inspired by animals (some not so wild mind you, unless you consider a Chihuahua a roaming beast)?
For something a little stronger, why not give some whiskey cocktails a try?
Flaming Giraffe Shot
- 2 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz butterscotch schnapps
- 1 oz 151 proof rum
- Pour Kahlua into a double shot glass and then add one ounce of butterscotch schnapps
- Float 151 proof rum on top and set on fire
- Blow out before drinking!
Salty Chihuahua Cocktail
- 1 oz tequila
- Grapefruit juice
- 1 dash salt
- Pour tequila into an ice-filled cocktail glass
- Top off with grapefruit juice and add a dash of salt
- Mix before serving
Bull Moose Shot
- ½ oz Canadian whiskey
- ½ oz Red Bull
- Pour equal parts into a shot glass
- 1½ oz gin
- 5 oz grapefruit juice
- ½ cup ice
- Pour gin and grapefruit juice together in a highball glass
- Add in ice and stir well
Funky Monkey Cocktail
- ¾ oz white crème de cacao
- 1 oz banana liqueur
- 1 oz gold rum
- 3 oz coconut milk
- 1 banana, whole
- 1 cup ice
- A sprinkle of shredded coconut (for garnish)
- Blend everything except (save for the coconut) with enough ice to give the mixture a slushy texture
- Pour into a cocktail glass with a sprinkle of coconut on top for garnish
- Splash of lemonade
- Splash of Sprite
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz flavoured Schnapps of your choice
- Combine all non-carbonated drinks in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top off with Sprite
Come on, you must admit that your friends will be curiously surprised when you serve them a variety of drinks named after a plethora of members of the animal kingdom.
Why not aim for some shock value at your next get-together? They’ll be talking about “that night with the animal drinks” for days to come!
Which was your favourite animal-themed cocktail from today’s article? Let us know.
Drink up, and enjoy responsibly!
Facebook (writer page): https://www.facebook.com/EmilyMFata/