With the weather sitting well above 20°C for the past couple of weeks, I can’t help but sit back and enjoy some fruity drinks on my patio while soaking up the sun’s warm rays.
It seems like a distant time when snow was piling up at the front door and the car had to be brushed off (and have the ice chipped off the windows) before each use in order to drive.
With these frigidly dreary days stored in the deep abyss of memories that I try to keep blocked out, I have fully embraced the weather…and the refreshing drinks that come with it.
To celebrate with you all, here are five yellow cocktails to remind you of the sunny days ahead!
Dreams of Summer
- 2 oz gin
- 2 oz mango nectar
- Muddled lemon slice
- Lavender flowers
- Cucumber slices
- In a wine glass, muddle the lemon with a dash of mango nectar
- Add in gin and the remaining mango nectar before stirring thoroughly
- Top off with ice
- Garnish with lavender and cucumber
1915 Gin and Tonic
- 1¾ oz gin
- Tonic water
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon (for garnish)
- Fill a highball glass with ice before adding gin and bitters
- Top off with tonic water
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and garnish with a lemon twist
Daisy de Santiago
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz yellow Chartreuse
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1½ oz simple syrup
- Splash club soda
- Sprig of mint (garnish)
- Lime wedge (garnish)
- Shake rum, Chartreuse, lime juice, and simple syrup with ice in a cocktail shaker until shaker is cold to the touch
- Strain into a wine glass full of ice and top with a splash of club soda
- Garnish with fresh mint and lime
Bitter Peach Bellini
- 1 oz Aperol
- 2 oz peach purée
- 3 oz Prosecco
- Sliced peach (garnish)
- Pour the Aperol and peach purée into a glass and stir to combine
- Add in ice, then top off with chilled Prosecco and stir gently
- Garnish with fresh peach slices
- 1½ oz citrus vodka
- 3 oz lemonade
- Lemon (garnish)
- Add ice to a rocks glass before pouring in citrus vodka and lemonade
- Stir gently
- Garnish with a lemon twist
And viola! There you have the fruitiest and tastiest cocktails summer has to offer. I can’t wait to whip up all of these on the weekend.
Which was your favourite yellow-coloured cocktail from today’s article? Let us know.
Drink up, and enjoy responsibly!
Facebook (writer page): https://www.facebook.com/EmilyMFata/