When you’re getting set for your party and everyone is invited, the next stage is to plan food. But there’s always that one friend in a group of 10 who doesn’t like anything. They’re that fussy about food, you wonder how they actually survive.
Aside from cocktails, everyone’s ears always prick up when there are snacks served at any event. A tasty buffet is a great way to keep everyone occupied too.
Recipes For Fussy Eaters
When preparing food for guests, it’s important to strike a balance between serving the majority whilst also pleasing the minority.
Whether it’s allergies, a sensitive pallet, digestion issues or dietary requirements, it’s possible to delight everyone without spending hours in the kitchen.
Before you hit the supermarkets, get a list of definite no’s and anything anyone is allergic to. Once you’ve got that underway, it’s time to get cooking.
Here are our favourite nibbles for fussy eaters:
Pea and Sweetcorn Fritters
- 100g Peas
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Egg, medium
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 100g Plain flour
- 5 tbsp Milk
- 100g canned sweetcorn
- Salt and pepper
- Add flour, baking powder, eggs and milk into a bowl and mix well.
- Add peas, sweetcorn and chopped spring onion. Continue to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Heat some oil in a pan and 1 tbsp of the batter. Fry on medium heat for around 3 minutes on each side.
- Continue until all the mixture is used.
Crispy Veggie Nuggets
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Parsnip
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Golden Beet
- 1 Stalk broccoli
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Pepper
- 680g Bread crumbs
- 3 Large eggs
- Chop up carrots, parsnip, potatoes, golden beet and broccoli.
- Add vegetables to boiling water for around 10 minutes, though the broccoli will be done after approximately 4 minutes.
- Blend vegetables using a food processor, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Then, cut out circular shapes to size and dip the nugget in egg followed by bread crumbs.
- Add to a fryer for 3-4 minutes for a golden brown look and crispy taste.
Here are our favourite desserts for fussy eaters:
Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cookies
- 12 Salted caramels
- 680g Chocolate chips
- 4tbsps Unsalted butter
- 850g Flour
- 6tbsps Cocoa powder
- 2tsps Baking powder
- 1tsp Salt
- 340g Sugar
- 170g Brown sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 4tbsps Whole milk
- 2tsps Vanilla extract
- 460g Milk Chocolate chips
- 2tsps Sea salt
- Unwrap caramels, roll each into a ball and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place chocolate chips (not milk) and butter in a bowl in the microwave until butter and chocolate melts.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add all ingredients together and stir.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture with the milk chocolate chips and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking tray into small shapes and press a salted caramel piece onto each cookie.
- Top with a blob of dough.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes and sprinkle each cookie with sea salt.
- Allow to cool before eating (if you can resist temptation).
- 40 Oreos
- 1 packet of Philadelphia cheese
- 400g Chocolate bars, including milk, dark and white chocolate
- Add 36 Oreos in a food processor until they become crumbs.
- Pour crushed Oreos into a bowl with Philadelphia cheese and mix using a mixer.
- Scoop mixture 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into a ball and place on baking tray.
- Add truffles to the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whilst they’re in the freezer, crush the remaining Oreos and melt the different chocolates separately until they become liquidised.
- Remove truffles from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreos and allow to set in the fridge.
It probably wasn’t the best idea to write this before dinner because now I’m hungrier than ever. But there you have two of our favourite snacks and two dessert ideas for picky eaters.
For absolute decadence and pure bliss, give these recipes a whirl and your party will be a guaranteed success!