Made from sugarcane by-products (the juice extracted from sugar), rum is commonly used in cocktails.
It produces a tasty combination with Cola-Cola, Red Bull, orange juice and even other spirits.
Delving into the tasty world of spirits can be a little mindboggling when you have no clue where to start. But you needn’t worry, because we have some rum cocktails to wet your palate.
There are multiple versions of the Daiquiri, but the sweetness of the strawberries puts this one into the finale of rum cocktails.
- 4 strawberries
- 35ml white rum
- 5ml lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp strawberry liqueur
- Add strawberries, sugar, rum, liqueur and lime juice to a cocktail shaker and shake well
- Strain into a glass and garnish with a strawberry to enhance its appearance
With just one sip of this exotic medley, you’ll be transported back to its roots in New Orleans. Tasty with a vibrant red blush.
- 20ml white rum
- 10ml dark rum
- 10ml passionfruit syrup
- 25ml lime juice
- 10ml grenadine
- 1 cherry
- Add ice, rum, lime juice, syrup and grenadine to a shaker and mix well
- Strain into a glass and garnish with a cherry
At the top of my list of rum cocktails is this mix. Perfect for this time of year, it’ll brighten up your summer and transport you overseas after just one sip. All that’s missing is an ocean view.
- 50ml light rum
- 40ml blue liqueur
- 30ml cream of coconut
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 50ml lemonade
- Add all ingredients except lemonade to a shaker with ice and mix well
- Pour into a glass and top with lemonade
So there you have our favourite rum cocktails. Have we missed your signature drink?